Sunday, September 13, 2015

September 15th and 18th

Kaleidoscope of Colors!

A good friend, and past shareholder, came back to Maine this weekend to help harvest winter squash.  Her working visit was perfect timing and we enjoyed a beautiful day.  The squash look awesome and now they are sweetening up in the heat of the greenhouse.  It still feels like summer to me and my body is not quite craving the carbs yet, but soon the days and nights will be cooler and the extra caloric energy will be necessary to keep me moving through all of the fall harvest. 
 
 
Pig moving day is always one of my favorites.  They are soooooo happy to get fresh grass and it's fun to watch them in their glory.  If any of you have apples that are littering your lawn, feel free to bring them by--the pigs LOVE them!  And be sure to come visit the pigs and turkeys before they head out for the year...
 
 
Fall Farm Potluck!

All Shareholders invited (meat and veggie)

Sunday Oct. 4th 1-3
 
 
 
Friday night after pick up....this is what my kitchen looks like.  A pile of freshly baked bread and glorious summer veggies prepped into a fresh salsa.  Our kitchen generally has fresh veggies piled on the counter.  Sometimes the fridge is nearly empty and the table and counter are covered in crates of vegetables.  In general, I am more of a "stash it away because clutter stresses me out" kind of person.  But with the veggies, I lean more towards Zach's "out of sight out of mind philosophy, so let's just leave it all out so we know what there is to eat".  It's kind of fun, and colorful and I can just grab a pepper and start chomping on it as I walk through : ) 
 
 
 
This week's Bounty! arugula, radish, kale, beans, carrots, spaghetti squash, tomato, pepper, eggplant, onion and garlic!