Sunday, July 12, 2015

July 14th and 17th

Flowers, Flowers Everywhere!

The PYO garden has been a bit slow to start this year with the lack of rain and the cooler weather early in the season.  BUT  I think we are underway now!!!  The colors are popping and Zach has been adorning our windowsills with shades of pink and yellow.


Buckwheat and potatoes are in full bloom in my fields.  The bees are happy and I have seen more ladybugs than ever before.  Both are welcome creatures in my gardens.
 
 
The turkeys aren't in flower, but they are in full sprint!  I opened their pen this weekend for a little more room and they are using it like runway.  Super cute, these little chirpers, only two weeks old and they are growing FAST.  Soon they will start their pastured life...I think they are going to love it.


As I type it is near 90 outside!  I have a become a pure wimp when it becomes humidity, so since it's Sunday I thought I would come in and cool off with some vanilla ice cream and strawberries and catch up on the blog.  The warm season veggies are happy to have some heat...the zukes and summer squash are starting to produce and there are several peppers and eggplant starting to form.  Tomatoes are gaining some height and most things are looking tip top : )
 
 
 
This week's bounty:  (I am being a little indecisive this week, but this list will be close...)
lettuce, arugula, radish, hakurei, beet greens, basil, zukes/summer squash, radish, broccoli, tat soi, scapes, and kohl rabi