Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 18th and 21st

 Summer's Heat and Beauty

Be sure to enjoy the PYO flower garden!!!  The flowers are amazing this year and unfortunately it's a fleeting season.  Soak up the color while you can! 
 
 
PYO cherry tomatoes!  They are just starting to ripen and it's a bit of a jungle in there.  I tried a few new varieties this year, but I admit, I still like the orange Sungold best.  To provide more flower space in the flower garden, we moved the cherry tomatoes across the way, along side the driveway.


Mmmmm Blueberry Pie!
 
It won't be long and we will be complaining of frost an cold weather, but this week is going to be a bear.  Hot and humid, no breeze...even starting at 5 am gives no relief.  We will do our best to keep up with what needs to be done, but to be sure, we will be wiped out by nightfall.
 
 
 
This week's bounty: lettuce, cabbage, chard, kale, carrot, new potatoes, sweet onions, scallions, beans, cukes, zukes, summer squash, eggplant, sweet peppers, cilantro, dill?
 
The Farmer's Table:
Blueberry Pie
After that I am drawing a blank, but I know I have been eating well!
 
Cabbage Recipes: